Monday, May 27, 2013

No introductions needed.

      For years I had imagined what it would be like to introduce Tyson to his little brother or sister for the very first time. Each year I would try to create the perfect moment in my head to best suit Tyson's age. For a few years I started to wonder if that moment would ever come. When we got the got the call that we were pregnant again, I had a glimmer of hope that the day I prayed for would finally be within reach. Finally after 39 long weeks, that moment was here. 

      Our baby girl was born at 9:49am, but because of our long stay in recovery, the storm outside and my parents having to drive over an hour go get to the hospital, it wasn't until 4:40pm that Tyson finally got there. Even with all the commotion around our room, I picked out his voice coming down the hall right away. As I waited for him to finally enter the room, I held Taelyn in my arms and whispered in her ear how lucky she was to have a big brother that would love and protect so her unconditionally. For years he had begged us to make him a big brother, promising he would be the most amazing brother anyone had ever seen. I know he prayed for her just as much as I had all these years and waited for this moment almost as long.

     I'm not sure if he was still in disbelief at it all, but his very first words as he entered the room were, "I knew there wouldn't be a baby here, I just knew it." His voice was so sad and I could only imagine what was going on in his head. As he stared into the empty bassinet, I asked him if he could see what was in my arms. As I lifted the blanket from her face, I could see his eyes grow so big. He choked up and with tears in his eyes said "she's really here." I was doing so good until I saw his big blue eyes gloss over and at that moment my own eyes blurred. I told him that it was alright for him to climb up onto the bed with us to get a better look. I was hoping I would be able to hold him in my arms as I handed his sister to him, but the pain from the surgery prevented that. Instead he sat on my lap and leaned over to give his sister a soft kiss on her head. Just as I had whispered to her moments before, Tyson now whispered "your finally here and I love you." It is a moment that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Finally meeting his baby sister.


Holding her  for the first time.
I can not put into words the love I have for my babies!!!
 

Don't forget to subscribe for more updates on our family and who knows, maybe even another TTC in the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment