Thursday, November 1, 2012

21 weeks and 6 day pregnant with a baby........???

Finally I have time to sit and write this post. Too bad it's only because my son has the stomach flu and we are laying low at home today.

Anyway I know a lot of you have been waiting a long time for me to finally announce what the gender of our baby is. I was going to post all of the gender tests that we had tried, but I know that would make this post way too lengthy, so instead I am just going to list our favorites. If you would like to know what other tests we tried, just write me and I'll send you a list.

The first gender predictor that we tried was the Intelligender test. It is a first morning urine test that you can buy online or at any local Rite Aid or Walgreen's.
 (We picked ours up at Rite Aid for about 40$).



 You take the test by collecting your First Morning urine in a small cup then retrieving 20ml in the  syringe provided. You then remove the sticker on the top of the bottle, and inject the urine. Do not replace the sticker when you are done. Then you simply swirl the bottle for 10 second and then leave on a flat, WHITE, surface for 5 minuets. If the color turns dark green it is a boy result. If the color turns an orange it is a girl result. Here are photos from the test I took.


As you can see it is clearly a girl result. So that's  
  Girl 1     Boy 0











table header
Lunar Age
of Mother
Lunar Month of Conception
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12
18











19











20











21











22











23











24











25











26











27











28











29











30











31











32











33











34











35











36











37











38











39











40











41











42











43











44











45
















































































































































































































The next one we tried was the Chinese Gender Cart. This is a simple, online chart that is based on your Lunar age and time of conception. 

Because there are so many different versions of this "ancient" test, I decided to Google the top rated and most accurate sights. This is the sight that came up in most of my searches.  http://www.chinesegenderchart.info/ 

What I like most about his sight was that it has an easy conversion on their page to find your lunar age, which is different from your "normal" age. Just type in your Birthday and month of conception and you will be given your lunar age for the entire year. For me and my conception month, my lunar age is 33 and if you go to the chart, look at the age 33 then over to the 6th month,
 the result is a girl.

 Girl 2     Boy 0


 The next predictor that we tried was based on the number of beats per minute of the baby's heart rate. The old wives tale states that if your baby's heart rate is between 120 to 150bpm, then your baby is a boy. If the heart rate is faster than 150bpm, then that indicates a girl.
At our first appointment, our babies heart rate was 165 beats per minuet and that would suggest a girl result, but we were told that in the first few months of pregnancy, a babies heart rate is faster then it's "normal" heart rate. We were told that we should wait until we were in our second trimester to do determine what our baby's "normal" heart rate would be. So at our second appointment our babies heart rate was at 126bpm and our doctor even suggested that she would have to guess that the baby would be a boy. 
  
 Girl 2  Boy 1

However, when we went to the hospital a few days later because I was bleeding, our babies heart rate was 156bpm and at our third ultrasound the baby's heart beat was almost the same at 159bpm. So that would indicate a Girl result. 
  
Girl 3  Boy 1

It was at this ultrasound that we also found out for sure what the gender of our baby is. The ultrasound technician was so amazing and was very good about keeping the secret from Jeff, my Mom and myself. The only person she told was my son, Tyson. He was going to keep it a secret until we got home that night where he could announce it to all of our family at once. In reality he lasted about 3 seconds before we all knew what the baby was. 
Before I get to reveling the gender, here are a few photos from that day's ultrasound. 




This was my favorite photo. Giving us all the thumbs up.




So now it's time to finally reveal the gender of our little miracle. The newest member of the Gordon Family is Drum roll please.............

Baby Girl Gordon should be joining our family around March 9, 2013!!!! We are all so excited and can not wait for her to get here!!
Congratulations to all those who guess right!!!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!! I have been waiting for this post and for a minute I thought you were going to leave me hanging!! I can't believe it! A girl!!!!!! I honestly lost this contest! I for sure that it was a boy!!!

    When we get pregnant I am for sure thinking we will be doing these tests, always fun to keep your mind wondering!

    I cannot wait to meet your precious little bundle of joy!
    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much and I am so sorry for keeping you waiting. Hopefully my next post will explain why I have been lacking in proper blogging etiquette.

    I have a lot more fun tests that you can do if your interested. They were so much fun to do and keep track of. Some of them really threw off my guess.

    I can't believe that were already over half way there. Some days it seems to be happening so fast while other days it seems like light years away.

    ReplyDelete