Friday, April 20, 2012

Doctor's Appointment Update

I returned to the doctor yesterday, but I still haven't started on the medication that I assumed I would be given. Instead they gave me a single injection into the stomach and told me to return if I started my next cycle before the 3rd of May. 
Before I left I did receive another ultrasound to check the lining of my uterus. If all goes well, when I return on the 3rd, I will then be given my cocktail of medications and injectables. 
While I have yet to find my own personal nirvana within the stresses of life, I am trying to focus on getting getting my body as ready as possible to hopefully carry our child for the next 9 months. 
I am not void of complaints in this post though. Sorry. 
If this cycle of IVF should not work, we will not get a second chance. I will be returning to the US in June and while my husband will be returning next year, my son and I will not. I have done quite a bit of research and it will be possible to transfer any embryos we may still have back to a clinic near my home, however the problem with that is that IVF is so unnecessarily expensive back home. It being close to 20,000$ for one round of IVF there, it is only about 800$ (US) here. Hopefully we can come up with a solution if this round should not result in a positive, healthy pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment