Sunday, April 29, 2012

Have a Happy Period!

I have never understood the commercials that claim with the use of their product you can achieve the impossible and have a "Happy Period." I mean really, what has ever been happy about it!?! The horrendous cramps, the bloating, the mood swings? I'm sorry no matter how many wings you add to those pads or how many pearls you attach to the sting of a tampon, my periods will never be happy.
With the exception for this one. 
I was starting to panic that this cycle would not happen because of the medications we were put on over the last month or so in preparations for our first round of IVF. We have to return to our doctor's office this Thursday and if my period hadn't show up by then, we might have had to cancel this round of treatment. Because I am leaving the country to return to the US in June, not having my period arrive could have meant the end of our TTC (trying to conceive) journey. 
So for once, I will exclaim that  in fact I have found the HAPPY in my period and will not complain about any of the side effects that accompany it. 
Don't worry Jeff, I promise I will go back to my bitchy old self, hopefully 9 months from now, when the next one shows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment