Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No luck.

So this month proved to be vastly unsuccessful. Our "schedule" got slightly interrupted because of a semi emergency surgery needed by my wonderfully protagonistic husband. I say wonderful because I am trying my best to put a positive spin on a situation that could have otherwise been avoided.
Even if our schedule had not been interrupted by a hospital stay, I am not completely convinced that this would have been "the month." I had purchased multiple ovulation predictor tests before flying her this year, and not one of them gave me a positive result. Forcing me to accept to the wisdom of our doctor who continuously tried to drill in the fact that although my ovaries produce eggs, they do not always muster up whatever is needed to actually cause ovulation. Can I please note that I am not one to relinquish my fanciful ideas of a perfect conception story lightly, but I will if that means doing what is necessary to reach our goals.
Our doctor wants us to have the best possible chance for a healthy pregnancy, as do we, so today we are going back to see her to start our IVF cycle. Just saying it out loud is overwhelmingly scary. IVF is a HUGE step that I never thought we would have to come close to taking. As nervous as I am, I know that this is our best, and one of our last options. So I will bravely, or more accurately muster up enough fake smiles to give the facade of bravery, to endure all of the needles, blood work and all to personal ultrasounds to reach our goal of expanding our family.


No comments:

Post a Comment