Monday, March 5, 2012

Try Try Try Again

So today Jeff and I went back to the doctor to talk about our options for trying to get pregnant again. Or at least I thought we were there to just talk. Before I even had a chance to get comfortable, the nurse came over with the world's tiniest Dixie cup for me to pee in. Next time I will have to bring my camera because these smaller then shot glass cups are something to remember. 
Not long after that the nurse came out to get me again, but this time to bring me behind the infamous little curtain in the corner to get ready for an internal ultrasound. YIPPEE!!!! At least I didn't forget the slippers this time.
I'm not sure if it was because it's only been a little less then two months since the surgery, but oh my goodness it hurt!!! I ended up having to ask her to stop, but she didn't seem to concerned. Before she was finished, she did discover that I am ovulating on my own!! From the left side!!! Unfortunately because of the amount of pain the ultrasound wand caused me, I hardly doubt that Jeff and I will be trying to take advantage of this opportunity. I hate to just see this tiny egg wasted, but I just don't think I am physically ready. 
On another good note, the doctor was all for Cryogenically freezing Jeff's "sample" when he leaves so that we do not have to put off trying in April. She also wants us to move ahead with IVF because of  the MRI I had done a month ago. Apparently she thinks there is a little more to "consider" then the doctor who performed the test, but we will go over that more next time. Until then, we have a lot to talk about. At least this was a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment