Saturday, March 31, 2012

The next step.

    I went back to see my doctor yesterday and I have officially started treatment for IVF. At first I was a bit confused since the only medication I was actually given was birth control pills. Totally makes since right? If your trying to get pregnant and your husband is currently in a different country, you go on birth control. 
    After asking why I would need to take birth control she explained that they need to control every step of this cycle and the birth control will ensure that I do not start to ovulate before they want me to. I will take one pill for seven days then two pills for four days then go to the single pink pills for seven days. On April 18th I will have to return to the doctor to receive the next round of medication, most likely more self given injections to the stomach. YIPPEE!! I am a huge fan of needles!, I would rather stub my toe in the middle of the night on my way back from the bathroom then even think about getting a needle! Better yet, my husband will still be away so I will have to give them to myself! Last time Jeff had to give them to me, I could barely even look, let alone grab it and inject myself. 
    Anyway so that's the latest update for now. On the road with a long way to go. 
Any

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thanks for the wonderful comment :)I was really confused about the whole birth control thing...I was like really!? Then this is what I was explained...
    You’ll be on birth control pills from 14 to 21 days. Taking these may seem counterproductive, however they do an important thing. They help get your hormones under some kind of exact control in the cycle just before your actual IVF cycle. Using them has proved to also reduce your chances of Ovarian Hyperstimulation and ovarian cysts, therefore increasing your chances for a successful IVF. Not all women will be given birth control pills. An example would be a patient with a lower ovarian reserve (fewer eggs).
    Hope this helps!! Exciting your starting!
    Lexi

    ReplyDelete