Sunday, July 15, 2012

6 weeks 2 days

Because I am no longer trying to conceive, I am going to start doing weekly pregnancy blog with symptoms, thoughts and feelings and any doctor appointments that I may have. I hope everyone continues to follow us on this journey to bring another member into our family.

So today I am 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant according to a 5 day frozen embryo transfer calculator that I found online. I will not get an exact due date until I have my first doctors appointment and ultrasound to determine more precisely how far along I am. Hopefully we can start calling doctors in our area by next week, after we get our insurance set back up. Also, because I am no longer going to my fertility hospital for obvious reasons, most doctors around here refuse to even see you before 8 weeks. Hopefully after explaining our situation, they will make and exception. (Fingers crossed!)

This week symptoms have included being really tired still and having a ton of bad cramps. The cramps have me really scared at times, but since I am not bleeding at all, I am praying that it's nothing bad. The pain seems to come and go, but today seemed to be a bit worse. The pain feels like it is coming from my ovaries so I'm not sure if I have developed another small cyst. Hopefully it will be that simple.

Surprisingly I have not experienced any real morning sickness so far. I do tend to get a little queasy at night, but nothing enough to cause me to run to the bathroom. I am really enjoying this because my last two pregnancies I threw up constantly starting around 5 weeks. However, at the same time I am nervous that this is a sign that everything is not as it should be. It just seems a little strange to have been so sick the last times and then nothing this time around. 

In line with morning sickness often times different smells can make you feel sick. With my son it was coffee. I couldn't come close to a coffee shop or sit near anyone drinking it. Comically I worked right next door to a coffee shop in the mall and every time I went in our out of my store I had to hold my breath.. With my last pregnancy I could not stand the smell or taste of water. I know, "water has a smell". This time the only thing that has made me feel sick so far was the smell of my cat's treats. They are ocean fish something and as soon as I opened them tonight to give him one, I had to throw the container and wash my hands. Poor Thomas is not going to be happy if I can't give him treats anymore.

As far as feelings go, I am still beyond nervous about this pregnancy. I just want to know that everything is going just as it should, but like I said before, we don't have a doctor that will see us for another 2 weeks. If the pain gets any worse though, I am going to go to my general doctor and see if she can at least order an ultrasound to check on our little miracle.
 I am starting to get more excited at the idea that I am pregnant though. I have let myself brows around on the Babies R Us web site a few times and started thinking of ways to tell our son that we are pregnant again. I have plenty of time before then because I will not tell him until I am into my second trimester at least. I don't want to tell my family still and find something is wrong again. I am not strong enough to go through that again.

So until next week, everything is good for the most part. I am just really anxious to finally go to a doctor to know that everything is alright. Until then, please help pray that everything will in fact be perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ryann! Im so glad you doing good. I can't believe time is going by so fast! Where did the time go. You are prob. all settled in the states now and everything is falling into place. If your like me I worry about everything so I can imagine about how your feeling. Try and relax and enjoy this time. I know that is easier said than done. I am always thinking about you and praying for you and your family and your bean! When do you go to the doctor? Ah I can't wait!!
    Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of you both so much over the past few weeks. I am sad for you that your first round of IVF didn't work and yet I am so excited for you both to be moving forward! I'm even a bit jealous that you both have such a strong future plan in place. I have no idea what we are doing right now. No doctors appointments in sight due to insurance and the fact that they will not see us until 9wks! We finally started to get settled in and now we have started construction on our house, leaving us living out of one room!
    Time seems to be not moving for me so far. I spend my days worrying about every pain, lack of morning sickness and anything that I think might be weird. As hard as it has been not to be able to find a doctor to see us, it's also such a blessing. I get to just have full faith that everything with this baby is just fine. That the pain is nothing to worry about, the non morning sickness is a gift and every "weird" symptom is just my imagination. I like my little bubble and am scared someone will pop it.
    Thank you for your prayers, we need all we can get!!!!

    ReplyDelete