Sunday, July 22, 2012

7 weeks, 2 days.

 I am now 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant. So far my symptoms for the past week have been about the same. I do get more episodes of nausea, but so far I still have yet to actually get sick. The ovarian type pain that I was experiencing is still there, but no where near as bad as it was last week. Because I still have not found a doctor in our area (very frustrated about this!) I still have yet to go to my first ultrasound to make sure that everything is going as it should. Or to check the number of little beans possibly hiding out in there, although I am still pretty sure it's just one. Hopefully because I will be at the 8 week mark next week, someone will finally agree to see us. Until then, I will keep calling around to all the OBGYN's that I know of in our area. 

I am still tired most of the day, but that too seems to be getting better. I actually made it a few days in a row without having to take a nap. :) Thankfully I had jet lag to blame for most of the tiredness, otherwise I think people would start to question why I have no energy

I am still not having any real craving or food aversions, although I still can't tolerate the smell of our kitty's treats. Our little kidney bean does like food though. The only time I really feel sick is when my stomach is empty. I am trying to find lots of healthy snacks to keep me full throughout the day. I have already put on WAY too much weight since getting home!! Although I think a lot of that is my body's way of responding to all the salt in the food here. I am trying to cook healthy meals, but with the construction going on in our house, we are unable to use the kitchen at the moment. This means takeout and there are not many healthy options here in our small town.
 
My strongest feelings this week are still fear and trepidation. I want to allow myself to completely embrace this pregnancy, but I am still keeping myself somewhat guarded against those "happy" feelings. I do love this baby, that is something that I don't think any mother could avoid, but loving something so much is scary. I am not strong enough to have to say goodbye to another baby. I have caught myself rubbing my stomach a few times, not even realizing I was doing it. Or I will start feeling sick and start negotiating with this little bean to hold on a few more minutes for food. I think I am slowly allowing myself to believe that this baby will someday soon be in my arms, but I'm not fully there yet. 

On a good note and a big step forward for me, I finally figured out how to tell our son and our family that we are pregnant again. I spent so many hours on the Internet searching for ideas and watching videos of other people's pregnancy announcement to find a really creative way of telling everyone at the same time. I am not going to tell you just yet how I am going to do it, but when I tell them, I will post a video of everyone's reaction. Hopefully this will happen in the next week or two. I want to wait until after our first ultrasound to check on our little bean and to make sure there is a nice strong heartbeat. I could write an entire blog on how nervous I am about that first appointment!! 7 weeks is when things started to look not quite right last time.

 If there are any big changes or appointments this week, I will make sure to post before the 8 week mark, otherwise I will write then. Have a wonderful week!!
(I will post a 7 week picture soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment