Monday, September 17, 2012

15 weeks 3 days pregnant!

First I want to start by saying that I am sorry for being MIA for the past few weeks. I wanted so much to keep an updated blog about this pregnancy and yet I keep falling behind. Things have been wonderful around here, well other than the almost constant nausea and vomiting. 
I want to quickly recap the past few weeks before getting into the present. First off we finally told our family that we are expecting!! It was perfect and exactly what I had imagined. We started off by inviting our family over for a "back to school" party for our son who is now in the 1st grade. While everyone was having fun decorating school folders and talking, I snuck into our bedroom and pulled out a big box wrapped up for our son. Here is a video of what happened next.  


I am sorry that I am not able to upload the video directly, but for some reason it's not working. 
Anyway, everyone was very surprised and excited. My Mom started crying and jumped up to give me a hug. I really thought my parents knew what was going on, but they said they had no idea. Who knew our surprise was truly a surprise! Once our son finally understood what it meant, he was thrilled, unfortunately his very first question for us was, "is this baby going to die too?" I can't tell you how much it broke my heart to know that he was already worried about that. We sat down and explained to him that this baby has a very strong heartbeat and that the doctor said that everything looked perfect. I told him that the only thing we can do is to stay healthy ourselves and to keep praying to God every night to keep our baby strong and healthy, growing in our love and God's strength. 

The last few weeks have been spent getting use to Tyson being in school full time and not being there to see him throughout the day. I don't think there has been a day yet that I have not cried because I just plan miss him. We have also been working really hard on the rest of our remodel on our house. The ceilings are now void of popcorn smoothed and painted, our new dining room table is finally here and set up, the walls are painted, the trim is almost done, the new mail box is in place, the new doors are hung and waiting for door knobs, the new built in entertainment center is almost finished and the hardwood floors are almost looking new again. Hopefully once everything upstairs is finished we can finally work on the mud room and the new family/playroom in the basement, freeing up the extra bedroom upstairs for the new nursery. Don't worry I haven't been pushing myself too much, thus the reason why it is taking so long to get everything finished. 

Ok, back to the present, 15 weeks 3 days pregnant. So far my symptoms are about the same. Nausea, vomiting and my energy levels are not quite where they were. The medication that the doctor gave me is helping a lot, but I am still having times in the day where my stomach wants to remind me that it's not quite happy with the flood of hormones coursing through my body. 
 I also find myself crying at the most ridiculous times and at the strangest of events. We decided to take our son to the car races, despite not being big fans of the sport. As soon as the first car crashed I started crying. I just couldn't stop picturing some one's baby sitting behind the wheel of that car, driving at a ridiculous speed and possibly getting hurt for what, a plastic trophy? Anyway, our night was over when I learned that one of the racers, who won by the way, was a 13 year old girl. I can't imagine how hard it must be for her parents to watch her go out there and take such huge risks with her life. She ended up being amazing, but I could only picture this small child behind the wheel being chased by big bad guys in fast cars that could hurt her. Not an event to go to while pregnant! 

Other than that this pregnancy is going great. I am finally starting to grow out of my old jeans, although I am not showing at all. I am trying to find a comfortable pair of maternity pants that work, but so far I'm not having much luck. I think I am just going to stick with the hair elastic through the button hole a little longer. 

Oh some VERY exciting news, I felt the baby move!!! I thought I was feeling something around week 14, but everyone kept telling me that it was far too early to feel anything. Well now I know I am feeling this little jitter bug move! It's mostly when I'm sitting up, but I also feel it at times when I am laying down, just before bed. This baby was so very active during our ultrasound so I'm not too surprised that I am already feeling him/her move. 

Another really fun and exciting aspect of being pregnant is being able to listen to the baby's heartbeat and kicks!! I bought an Angel Sound fertility Doppler on Amazon and once I hit about 14 weeks, I have been able to hear our baby's heartbeat very clearly.  I love this one because I am also able to hook it  up to an external speaker which allows everyone to join in on the fun. My son has asked me to listen to the baby every night before going to bed so he can check to make sure the baby is alright. He loves when we hear the baby kick or roll and he thinks that his baby brother/sister is already starting to play with him. I can not wait until Tyson can feel our baby moving on the outside. I know we have a long way to go before that, but I know it will be a very special event. I would defiantly recommend this product to anyone expecting a baby! Not only for peace of mind, but also as a way for your husband or partner to feel more connected to the tiny baby they can not yet feel. Just remember that it may not work for everyone in the early weeks and if the baby rolls over so that it's facing away, it's heartbeat can be harder to hear. In the early weeks and months there is a lot of room for baby to move so don't get scared if you can not find your baby in the same spot as last time. Some days it takes me a long time to find where our little one is hiding while other days it seems to be waiting right under my belly button.

Here are the photos that I promised from our first ultrasound and I will also try to post pictures of my growing belly as soon as I can find something to wear that doesn't make me look like I weigh 500lbs.


This is the photo we tied to the baby balloon.



No comments:

Post a Comment