Thursday, September 27, 2012

16 week appointment

We went in for our 16 week and 5 day appointment yesterday and so far so good. Everything looks great with baby. Nice strong heartbeat (120bpm), growing right on track, low blood pressure and urine came out fine. Our doctor did prescribe some new medication to try and help with the nausea and vomiting, but once again that just means baby is growing healthy. We also had more blood work done to check for any signs of down syndrome, but even if something abnormal comes up, we are already in love with our baby just the way he/she is!

Side effects this week have been morning/night sickness that just doesn't want to give up, being tired, headaches (but nothing that I can't easily manage), sore breasts that are already leaking (oh the joys of pregnancy) and a growing tummy (big smile). 

I do have to admit that I am a bit on the down side seeing as no one is responding to what I thought would be a fun post. I guess I pictured lots of people from different backgrounds listing all the old wise tales they had learned about guessing the gender of a baby and then putting them to the test. My family and I have been having fun doing the few that we know of, but the lack of response by anyone else makes me sad. I am just starting to wonder if my blog is worth doing anymore. Is anyone really reading this? Is it helping anyone or at the very least providing a bit of entertainment? I guess that's the chance you take when starting something like a blog. Oh well, I have fun doing it. It gives me a way of looking back and seeing how far we have come. It was not an easy journey and I am truly blessed that we are at the point of being able to share our joys of being pregnant.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I don't want you to think I have forgotten about you! I have not responded as much as I was use to. I get on blog and get off, have been so busy lately. I can't believe time is flying by so quickly!! 16 weeks! WOW! Are you going to be finding out the sex or waiting for a surprise?
    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok I understand. :) Our son begs me to check my blog 10 times a day to find out if there are any "tests to try" on here. He loves all the little fun ways at trying to guess if it is a boy or girl.
    I wanted to wait and be surprised this time, but our son will not let us. He wants to know because "it's driving him crazy" lol. When we go in for the ultrasound, our son is going to be with us and the doctor is only going to tell him. Then he is going to come home and make everyone guess before telling everyone at once. It's another way we are trying to keep him involved and he is super excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, my heart jumped! What a wonderful and cute idea. He will def. feel involved. I on the other hand would have no will power to wait lol. That or I would race on over to home. Can't wait to find out what you are having. I voted for it!

    ReplyDelete