Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Counting down the days with exciting news!!

We have 8 more days here in Korea before we start the long 26 hour journey home. I am sad to leave a country where it is so safe young children can be seen crossing busy streets alone, or hopping on the nearest subway car. Where the people are so friendly and the views are breath taking. However I am not sad to leave behind the smells of the sewers, the mixture of sweat, kimchi and cigarettes that seems to come from everywhere or taxi drivers who believe they are driving bumper cars. 
 Not wanting to take anything easy, this week also holds more big milestone, ones that I am very excited for. I wanted to share this earlier, but I also wanted to make sure that it was really going to happen before doing so. 
The day after receiving the phone call that our fresh IVF cycle did not work, our wonderful friend who has been there for every step of this process, called my doctors office to find out what we could do next. After being told that we would have to wait at least one cycle before trying a Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET), our friend talked with our favorite nurse at the hospital and the two of them were able to convince our doctor to allow us to try one last time before leaving. This would require changing our original plane tickets at a moderate expense, but just the idea of being able to have one more go at this before leaving means the world to me. 
So, tomorrow I am going into the hospital at 10:30 am for a FET with three 5 day embryos. I am a little nervous that all three might implant, but if they do, we will welcome each of them with open arms and loving hearts!
We have decided to keep the news of our FET a secret from our family and son until we hopefully have good news and strong heartbeats. I just hate the idea of disappointing everyone around us again. I know everyone has gotten their hopes up almost as high as we have, and having to be the one to tell them it didn't work, or that we lost the baby is not something I want to repeat again. So today my hopes are high, my nerves are a mess and I am trying to stay busy packing with fingers crossed, prayers being said, and superstitious good luck objects being collected. It' can't hurt to cover all bases right?

No comments:

Post a Comment