Thursday, June 21, 2012

Frozen Embryo Transfer Day!!!!

I just got home a short while ago from my first FET and I couldn't be more excited!! I was still a bit sad that Jeff was once again unable to be there, but at least the room was filled with other women going through the same thing. It just felt safe in a way, to know that I was not alone and to know that we were all there for a common purpose. This time I did not find someone who spoke enough English to really talk to, but my Kindle Fire kept me company instead. 
Today we transferred three 5 or 6 day Embryos, depending on where you count from. (Collected on a Wednesday, frozen on a Monday, thawed today) Now I was still not given any kind of a grade on the embryos, but all three are already in the hatching stage!!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing when they first came into view on the little screen. At first I could not understand just what I was seeing, but once my eyes adjusted a little more, I could see that all three were already hatching and the doctor said they were very strong and doing amazingly. They had survived the thaw with no issues and showed signs of growth! YAH!! Below is a photo of your amazing little babies!! 
Because we are leaving on the 28th, we have to cut our 2ww short. Instead of going in at 10 days past FET, we are going to go in on day 6 for a beta test. This might be too soon to detect anything, so if it is a negative result, I know that I can still hope for the best and retest when I get back to the US. 
Yes I know it's not a real heart, but I still think it is a good sign!
 Anyone reading our blog, please pray along with us that this works this time around. Five years is a long time to be missing a piece of your family and working so hard to bring them into your arms. Thank you!!

6 comments:

  1. AHH!!! I am SO excited for both of you!!! This made my day Ryann! Those embryos look beautiful and amazing! One is even hatching!! You should feel great with those embies! Grow embies grow!! I hope we get out BFP this month!! Oh I have been praying for this! I test on June 30th so we are pretty close in dates! Good luck. I hope we both have a easy tww. Are you on bed rest?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three were hatching, that makes me a little nervous but very excited!
    I can't believe how close in days we are now, it really makes me believe even more that we were suppose to find each other!!
    I was on bed rest for the first day, the second day just light activities and now I am back to doing everything. I did almost a week of bed rest last time because of the OSSH and nothing worked. From what I have read, you get better blood flow to your uterus if you move around so that is what I am doing this time.
    I will be praying so hard for you also!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I must have been tired when I was looking at that picture! That is awesome that all three were hatching!!! I believe very much that some people walk into our lives when we least expect it. I never really understood it until it has happened to me. I do believe God puts certain people in our pathways so we can be stronger and we can help each other. I feel blessed to have met you even so far away! I have heard about the whole bed rest thing. I was on bed rest for the first full day and only got up to eat and go to the bathroom. The second day I was pretty much on the recliner all day sitting. The days after that I have been up doing dishes, laundry. Went grocery shopping and to the movie! Today we went to Sarah's parents where I sat more LOL! Today I have been cleaning etc. I have been napping a lot I guess my body also needed some R&R from work and all this IVF stuff!

    Good luck moving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really looking forward to finally going home, and getting everything unpacked so I can enjoy some much needed down time! I feel like I haven't really taken a day off in so long.
    My husband doesn't want me to tell him if I am or if I am not after the doctor calls on Wed. I have no idea how I am going to keep that news to myself, so I feel so blessed to know that I can tell you. No matter how far apart, I am not alone. Thank you for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to say hello... and how are u feeling? today is my transfer day after 5 days of collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I just found your comment.
      I really hope your transfer went well!! You must be in the middle of your 2ww. I hope that it is going by fast for you!
      I am feeling good, still sick but that only means baby is growing.

      Delete