Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hope VS. Faith

HOPE and FAITH are in so many ways the same. Both HOPE and FAITH are there to give us strength when we need it most. They are there when we are facing a situation in our lives where we desire a certain outcome or need help in coping with events that life throws at us. They are there to give us a since of peace over not having absolute control and yet at the same time HOPE and FAITH are so vastly different.
When I think of the word HOPE, I think of not giving up on a dream. In believing that something might happen in a way that I would like . HOPE by it's very definition is,
A feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
HOPE gives us something to hold onto. Something positive to wish for. Hope is meant for shooting stars and pennies in wishing wells. If you loose hope, then I believe you have given up on a dream. You have given up your positive outlook and have lost the will to work at making things happen.
FAITH on the other hand is something that you give yourself over to. Something that you believe in wholeheartedly. FAITH by it's definition is,
Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
Complete trust in God that he knows what is best in your life. To know that when you pray for strength he will give you a situation in witch you can be strong. To know when you pray for a happy outcome, that he will open your eyes to everything around you that makes you happy. To know when you pray for understanding that he might never give you the answers, but he will be there guiding you to a place of acceptance.
FAITH is not something that happens without work. Even though we all try to give ourselves over to it completely, it is something that needs almost constant affirmation. FAITH is not something easily obtained, it's not easy to readily accept a hire power's will over our lives. That we have very little control over events good or bad. Even if you do not believe in the same God that I do or even believe in a God, FAITH is always there for anyone. FAITH isn't judgemental, it isn't cruel or spiteful. FAITH doesn't want you to fail, or to give up. FAITH wants your absolute trust in knowing that thing will happen the way your life's path decides. Good or bad, every life event is there to create the person you are meant to be. FAITH is there when the most unspeakable events happen in life. It's there to comfort in a way that reminds you that our lives are not in our hands. We can not prevent bad things from happening but we can have FAITH that we are not alone in dealing with the outcome. FAITH to me is a trust that you must have fully or not at all. There is not middle ground with FAITH, unlike with HOPE where your desire can change as fast as the passing breeze, FAITH demands your trust in everything.
I believe we all need both HOPE and FAITH to survive in this world. Without HOPE how can you have dreams, and without FAITH how can you accept that our lives are set in a motion that we can not completely control.
I have HOPE that my family will grow and be strong and healthy. I have FAITH that God will guide my life in the direction that it's meant to go. That if Tyson is our only child then I will love him with all my heart and soul and forever feel blessed for having him in my life. I have HOPE that nothing bad will ever come to my family and I have FAITH that God will always be there, protecting and loving.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. In fact it made me cry. I printed this out so I can keep it with me and read it in times I need to. Hope you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling a lot better. In fact, knowing that you are reading my words and that they are helping you gives me such a huge since of peace and accomplishment. I love knowing that I can help someone. Even if you were to be the only person to ever read this blog, to know that I can help you means so much. Thank you for everything that you give back to me!!

    ReplyDelete