Tuesday, June 26, 2012

How to pass time during the 2ww

I though I would put together a fun list of things to keep you busy during the dreaded 2 week wait. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed putting it together. 
At least it helped pass another few hours for me. :)

#1. Resting in bed, especially the first day or so after transfer.

#2. Catch up on your favorite shows or watch a good movie. 
(If your husband or partner is not one to give up control of the remote, simply remind them that you are the one trying to create a human.)  

#3. Read a good book.
 (I hear 50 Shades of Gray is good, but it might be too steamy for relaxing. Also laughing has been proven to help with implantation so if you want a HILARIOUS pregnancy book, 
try Jenny Mccarthy's Belly Laughs)
 .
#4.Hide your husband or partner's cell phone. After a while call it and let it ring only once or twice until they find it.
(Only try this if you are married to someone with a really GOOD since of humor.)

#5. Play cards or a game with your husband or partner.
(If they catch you cheating, you can try to blame your baby brain, although it may be a tad bit early for that)
#6.See how many flavors of Ben and Jerry's ice cream you can name. Then come with your own flavor.

#7.Take up crocheting or knitting so you can start making some cute baby blankets.
(This blanket took me several hours at least)

#8. Repeat the same word over and over again until it looses all meaning.  Hedgehog, Hedgehog, Hedgehog, Hedgehog, Hedgehog, Hedgehog, Hedgehog, Hedgehog......

#9. Play Draw Something with friends with your ipad, ipod or Kindle Fire. 
(I am sure there are other ways to play, I just don't know of them)

#10. Ask for a foot rub or even a back rub.
(You need to be pampered after all so you stay nice and calm)
.
#11. Paint your nails and play around with facial masks. Although watch out if your doing it at night and have young kids. I scared my son half to death when he walked into my room after a bad dream.
 (Shhhh don't tell him that I laughed after he left) 

#12. Coloring isn't just for kids! I got out my son's coloring books and crayons and had a blast reliving my own childhood. 

#13. If your like me and like to make lists, now is the perfect time. I made pages of lists of everything that had to be done around this house here, around my house home and everything that I might need for a new baby.

#14. Don't forget the always import getting LOTS of sleep! Your body needs lots of rest while it's trying to create a baby. At least until morning sickness has you up early. 

#15. Try not to think about penguins. Really.......................................................................................................
Your thinking about them aren't you?

#16. It's a good time to start learning lullabies and cute songs. I suggest this one for starters....


Once your off bed rest you can try these other activities to keep busy.

#1. Go for a walk.
(Soon enough walking will be uncomfortable and you will have to pee too often to get very far)

#2. Go out to a movie, but remember even in those early weeks you may need to use the restroom more often so get the small drink.

#3. Spend time with friends, although if they do not yet know that you are on the 2ww, it can be very hard not to just blurt out the news.  
(I broke down twice)

#4. Walk around baby stores and see all the amazing new products out there. Just keep in mind that they will probably be old news by the time your little one arrives 
(hopefully in about 38 weeks!!).
 (In my case we walked around the mall here and cringed at the idea of spending 45$ on a ONSIE!!)

#5. Time to get to all those chores that you have been putting off. Clean our your closet, after all it's never too early to get ready for maternity clothes!
(My time was spent packing after putting it off for weeks, I had no choice)

#6. Start a new hobby or learn something new such as a new language.
(Although I would keep the dream of becoming a circus performer or shark tamer on the back burner for just a little while longer)

#7. Start a journal, blog or some other way of recording the process and how you are feeling each step of the way. Trust me, in a few months after many sleepless nights, your brain will eradicate all things that are not necessary to sustain life.

#8. Time to learn how to use your camera! I mean really learn it because there is nothing more frustrating then missing the perfect photo and you really don't want to have to wait until your child's college graduation to get out their birth announcement. 

#9. Make a list of everyone that you want to tell and when, after you finally get that Big Fat Positive!! You wouldn't want to leave out Uncle Dick and have him insist later on that you name the baby after him because he was the last to know.

#10. Collect paint samples from your local paint store and try to agree on a nursery color now. There's nothing like showing off your finished nursery when your baby is 3 years old.

#11. Explore Pinterest and Zulily .

#12. Make sock puppets.

#13. Master at least 4 tong-tie-poems such as saying Toy Boat 5 times fast.

#14. Relax, stop stressing over the uncontrollable or every possible pregnancy symptom. Allow yourself to be positive and enjoy the possibilities that this could really be the time that everything worked out.

4 comments:

  1. I know there are mistakes in this post, but blogger will not let me fix them.....grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything is okay. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete