Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baby Angel

    Yesterday Tyson brought me home a paper he had worked on in school. The paper was meant to be a practice reading and handwriting worksheet, but for Tyson it turned out to be so much more. The sentence on the paper was, Have you got a little brother or sister? Tyson did a pretty good job writing the sentence, not the best, but he tried hard. What really made me emotional was that in the space provided for a picture, he wrote baby angel (BaeBe Ajail) and drew a picture of a little angel. 
I though for sure the first time I saw him express anything about the baby would make me very sad, but it didn't. I was just happy to see that he is finally comfortable enough to talk about it. Well maybe not talk about it, but at least find his own way of bringing it up.
    When he came home to show me the picture he sat right down and told me all about his picture.  special and I had to take very good care of it. He wanted me to put it with the baby's picture and keep it forever. He never had to ask me that, I will never part with it. 
This is not the first time he has mentioned the baby, but it is the first time he talked this much to me about it. Before when I tried to talk to him, he would simply tell me that he wouldn't talk to me because it made me sad. I tried so hard to tell him that talking to him didn't make me sad, but kids are smart. Thankfully there was someone here at the school who was able to talk with him and it seemed to make a huge difference in those first few days. He was so confused and angry and I didn't know how to help him. I really hope that I can get up the emotional courage to finally thank that person face to face. It really was like night and day with him after they talked.
    Right now Tyson's favorite thing to do is look at my ultrasound picture and read a book that Jeff and I ordered for him called, We Were Going To Have a Baby But We Got An Angel Instead, over and over. I really hope that through his picture we can start to talk about it more and he will be able to tell me what he is feeling and if he has any questions. I will never pressure him to talk to me, but I will be right here when he is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment