Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 5 of treatment (round 1)

Today is my last day in my 5 day meds cycle. I am really hoping that the clomid worked because I have been experiencing so many strange side effects. The hot flashes have been particular fun. Thankfully no one really works with me in the lower library so they don't have to suffer through the heat turned up one minuet and the windows being opened to the arctic air the next. If the side effects from the Clomid weren't enough, they have me on a second medication that came with it's own fun filled surprises.
After they diagnosed me with sever PCOS the doctor also put me on medication to help "regulate my weight". Having a doctor finally tell you that your doing things right, but that you will most likely never be able to loose weight on your own because of such a sever hormone imbalance was both wonderful and frustrating. Wonderful because I work so hard and get no where at all and frustrating because with the medication that "with no doubt" would help, actually made me GAIN weight. I guess this can happen when your hormones are as imbalanced as mine. Lucky lucky me.

Anyway my next appointment is in 4 days to determine our "coitus" dates. I know that it is pathetic and childish that I laughed to myself every time the doctor said the word coitus, but the only thing that I could picture was Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory saying it.The date will be determined by seeing if I have any follicles that are large enough to cause ovulation. I am not sure how many we will have, but since I currently have none, even one would be a huge blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment